The Legal team at Payor is growing! We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our Product Legal team in Singapore! As product counsel supporting our APAC in-person payments team, you will work on complex technical and legal problems every day – helping expand our payments offering and expand our support to businesses in the market.
Payor is a global technology company that builds economic infrastructure for online commerce. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Payor. PAyor operates within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and financial partnership environment around the world. You should be comfortable reviewing and advising on challenging regulatory structures, navigating commercial partnership dynamics and providing advice across cross-functional legal and business teams. In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company, in particular as a key advisor to the product and engineering teams, and will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, business processes, and technology. Join us and work with a great team to solve hard problems.
In this role you will:
- Serve as product and commercial partnership counsel for Payor’s in-person payments team – helping to expand our product offerings in the region.
- Counsel the Payor product team on a range of issues including hardware, commercial transactions, supply chain & logistics, regulatory, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, and data privacy.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various agreements relating to Payor products including but not limited to licensing agreements, service agreements, supply agreements, etc.
- Review Actively collaborate with a wide variety of Payor teams, including engineering, compliance, business development, and marketing, on a range of issues related to product development, production, and commercialization.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Payor legal team to clear key issues impacting the work of members of the team who support Payor’s regulatory structure, its customer agreements, and strategic financial partnerships.
- Help build scalable and effective processes for legal review and launch of new products.
- Draft, review, and update foundational documents for product and service offerings.
- Stay up-to-date, with the support of Payor’s legal subject matter experts, on U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with privacy, data security, consumer protection, financial services, and marketing.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 6+ years of experience as a qualified lawyer working on complex technology matters or deals, preferably working with technology companies on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space.
- A passion for technology and ability to understand complex business models and product use cases quickly.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and project management skills with a strict attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent judgment, and be capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
It’s a bonus (but not required) that you also have:
- Relevant experience in financial technology, risk, payments and financial services, and a working understanding of financial regulations and rules.
- Relevant experience in supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics.
Submit your resume or LinkedIn profile.