Payor’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The APAC team is responsible for building the payments products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully around the world. This is one of the few places in the world where moving information literally means moving money.
About the team:
At Payor, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a group of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
In APAC, the team is responsible for ensuring Payor’s products best fit the unique needs of each country, expanding and innovating on the platform in markets throughout the region. We are looking for a Product Leader who’s passionate about solving complex payments landscape, and will help build new payment methods & flows, and also improve our payments experience (marketing, local data requirements, taxes, payout timings etc). Additionally, we need a Product Leader who empathizes with users and is driven to improve their business needs beyond payments. You’ll get to work with engineers across our Singapore, India and Japan offices to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as working with our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
In this role, you will:
- Be a well-rounded product leader; someone who has both excellent product design/UX sense and strengths in market dynamics and business strategy
- Hire, build, and lead a high performing Product Management team
- Set the long-term product strategy for our products and platforms
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions across directly managed teams, and work closely with teams across Payor’s product portfolio
- Be accountable for product roadmaps, resource allocation, and release cadence
- Be an evangelist for your product movement across the company
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience building and leading product teams, 15+ years of experience in a product role and 4+ years of people management experience
- You are passionate about building teams, developing people, and creating a strong identity and culture
- Built products by collaborating across engineering, analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Approached product management from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Strategic vision of where the APAC region is heading, and where technology and financial services fit into that puzzle
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges