At Accounts, we own the core account constructs for Payor. This is not your typical e-mail account! A Payor Account is the set of all user-facing constructs, internal data models, and user-facing APIs that form the identity of merchants, platforms, and marketplaces on Payor like Shopify, Instacart, and Lyft among many others. These platforms and marketplaces handle billions of dollars of processing volume annually using Stripe Accounts!
In parallel, we are also building the next generation of Accounts for Payor. What does this mean? An ability to model more than ten different user entities as a single account, Identity and Access Management (IAM) APIs that provide very granular controls, and a unified and intuitive set of APIs and dashboards that can scale from a single merchant that sells shoes on their website to multinational and multi-entity businesses that have very complex organizational and legal structures.
We also own and operate numerous microservices, delivering extremely high service-level agreements, with high availability, very low latency, and high throughput.
If you love a good challenge in product engineering, API and dashboard design or designing, and building and operating highly scalable distributed systems and architectures, you will feel right at home at Accounts while working among other world-class engineers and managers!
- Build end-to-end experiences for Accounts to realize its vision of being a scalable and seamless experience for customers to manage, search, and view their accounts data
- Work in a cross-functional environment partnering closely with product, design, and Dashboard platform teams
- Not only build the user experience, but also partner closely with the backend API teams to integrate Accounts management into the Dashboard
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An appreciation for working in a fast-paced environment and building products from ground zero
- Experience being a generalist and working on both the frontend, backend, and doing anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- A tendency to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- A knack for stitching together many different services and processes even if they have not worked with them before
- Empathy for users and the ability to craft great experiences
- Enjoyment working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise
- The ability to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design